Main Purpose of Job
To take, and to actively prospect, for service bookings when required.
To deal with customer requirements for service and repair in an efficient and courteous manner to ensure the highest standard of Customer Service.
To carry out daily preparation for the following day, along with carrying out invoicing for retail and internal customers. Update vehicle health check information
To plan and organise the use of loan cars, collections and other added value services.
To carry out customer follow up and prospecting activities to maintain and build the volume of work within the workshop and provide the sale of accessories, parts and new vehicles.
To carry out the duties of a Service Advisor when required.
1. To make customer bookings and plan customer arrival times (where possible) following the QMA Process and;
- Gain all relevant information from customer using questioning techniques
- Promote appropriate added value services
- Promote additional sales opportunities
- To establish customers onward travel arrangements and offer Service Loan Car facility or courtesy transport following the established QMA processes.
- Load the Workshop accurately using the Reservation System, providing detailed information on faults, issues, requirements and payment details.
2. To prepare for the following day by
- Raising all Job Cards
- Check for outstanding campaigns and recalls on all cars due in
- Prepare and plan collections
- Prepare and plan loan car and other added value resources
- Prepare Key Tags
- Confirm arrangements are in place with any third party suppliers
3. Greet customers at reception promptly and confirm on customers service and repair requirement including:
- Deal with customers in a courteous, efficient and considerate manner.
- Promote the sale of accessories and clothing.
- Gain customer signature on the job card and obtain mileage.
- Stamp Service Books as required and record location of car on key tag.
- Carry out condition check of car and record any damage or issues on the Repair Order.
- Load the vehicle on the workshop tracking system.
- Take responsibility for customer vehicles, keys and parking.
- To ensure all service bookings, problems and date are accurate and up to date on all systems prior to customers arrival.
- To transmit daily CCC data to BMW Great Britain.
- Maintain Customer Record Files and Repair Order Register on a daily basis to ensure accurate analysis of Service Department activity.
4. Maintain a customer contact system including:
- Making contact with customer following service or repair work to ensure satisfaction with work carried out where appropriate.
- Maintain Service office standard of house keeping and display.
- Maintain reference material: handbooks, brochures, How to and Help guide, accessory manual in Reception for customer enquiries.
- Maintain and improve personal Product and Technical knowledge through Information bulletins, magazines etc, and attending training courses as agreed with Service Manager.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Warranty and Goodwill procedures of manufacturers and the dealership to ensure claims are processed fairly and as quickly as possible.
Limits of Authority
- Not to exceed capacity workshop in schedules such as to endanger customer goodwill.
- Not to authorise additional work unless approved by the customer on both price and for return of vehicle.
- Not to agree discounts, guarantee and goodwill claims outside agreed policies without approval of the Service Manager.
- Not to release vehicles without obtaining payment, or confirming Account Status
To maintain relationships with the following in order to facilitate the achievement of Dealership objectives:
Direct Relationships: HR/Administration Manager, Sales Administration Manager and Sales Manager
Indirect Relationships: Sales Executives, Valetors, Drivers, Service Department, Warranty Department and relevant franchise’ head offices.
Candidate Privacy Statement