Main Purpose of Job
To carry out service and repair work efficiently ensuring best use of time and resources
To complete work competently ensuring the highest levels of first time fix and recognising the customer requirements of each and every job
To complete repair orders (Clocking and Write ups, service sheets, battery test sheets etc) clearly accurately and to manufacturer standards.
To maintain workshop housekeeping, tooling and technical information in an orderly and clean manner.
- To carry out all work provided competently and within the times laid down by the Flat Rate Manual or in time acceptable by Workshop Controller if hourly work or factory times not available.
- To ensure that times are recorded using the time clock in all instance as requested by management.
- To attend internal and external training courses as directed by the management.
- To keep their place of work in a tidy and clean condition.
- To follow all relevant processes and systems as instructed.
- To advise the Workshop Controller or Service Advisor of any additional work necessary on a car during a service using the additional work sheet.
- To ensure parts of Warranty Claims or surcharge items are retained, cleaned and drained of oil where necessary. To ensure exchange parts are returned are returned to Parts Department when required.
- To be prepared to work overtime, with reasonable notice, if requested by the management.
- To ensure that the vehicles worked on are carefully handled, that clean service kits are always used and that all reasonable care is taken of that vehicle on the premises for repair or service.
- To maintain and development skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles.
- To make full use of manufacturer Special Tools, Service Test, Special Equipment and training as provided to improve customer service levels and workshop efficiency.
- To maintain thorough and current Product Knowledge and read all Service Information and Service News Bulletins as supplied by Service Management.
Limits of Authority
Not to carry out work on cars that has not been instructed or authorised.
Not to loan tools or equipment, or to divulge technical or company information to anyone outside the company without the prior authorisation of the management.
If you feel that you have the necessary attributes for this position and would be interested in applying for this role, To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be dealt with in a professional and discreet manner.
Candidate Privacy Statement