Customer Service Manager, Service Manager, Aftersales Director
Main Purpose of Job
- To deal with customer requirements for service and repair in an efficient and courteous manner to ensure the highest standard of Customer Service.
- To take responsibility for customers and their cars during a visit. To be the main point of contact keeping throughout the day, authorising extra work, arranging and collecting payment and organising collection.
- To organise the loading of the workshop in an efficient manner to ensure efficient utilisation of workshop capacity.
- To carry out customer follow up and prospecting activities to maintain and build the volume of work within the workshop and provide the sale of accessories, parts and new vehicles.
To learn to make customer bookings and plan customer arrival times (where possible) following the company Process
To help establish customers onward travel arrangements and offer
Service Loan Car facility or courtesy transport following the company Process
- To learn how to Load the Workshop accurately using the Reservation System, providing detailed information on faults, issues, requirements and payment details.
Greet all customers at Reception promptly and confirm on customers service and repair requirement including:
- Carry out road tests and physical inspections where necessary.
- Deal with customers in a courteous, efficient and considerate manner.
- Promote the sale of accessories and clothing.
- Complete Repair Orders and inform customers of approximate prices, delivery times and method of payment.
- Gain customer signature on the job card and obtain mileage.
- Stamp Service Books as required and record location of car on key tag.
- Carry out condition check of car and record any damage or issues on the Repair Order.
- Load the vehicle on the workshop tracking system.
- Take responsibility for customer vehicles, keys and parking.
- Learn how to monitor progress in workshops to ensure promised delivery times.
- Using the workshop tracking system to ensure deadlines are met and customers are kept informed of progress and / or any delays
- Learn how to approach, notify and obtain customer approval for additional work required. Using the workshop additional work sheet.
- Clearly recording work authorised and agreeing revised completion times if required
- Check standard of cleaning of vehicles to ensure acceptable
- Understand how to present completed vehicle to customer personally, advising of future service or repair priorities and ensuring customer satisfaction with work carried out.
- Understand and learn how to present invoices for payment providing explanation of charges and warranty/goodwill procedures where required.
- Obtaining payment unless account customer
- Maintain Customer Record Files and Repair Order Register on a daily basis to ensure accurate analysis of Service Department activity.
Maintain a customer contact system including:
- Making contact with customer following service or repair work to ensure satisfaction with work carried out where appropriate.
- Maintain Service Reception standard of house keeping and display.
- Maintain reference material: handbooks, brochures, How to and Help guide, accessory manual in Reception for customer enquiries.
- Maintain and improve personal Product and Technical knowledge through Information bulletins, magazines etc, and attending training courses as agreed with Service Manager.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Warranty and Goodwill procedures of manufacturers and the dealership to ensure claims are processed fairly and as quickly as possible. Limits of Authority
- Not to exceed capacity workshop in schedules such as to endanger customer goodwill.
- Not to authorise additional work unless approved by the customer on both price and for return of vehicle.
- Not to agree discounts, guarantee and goodwill claims outside agreed policies without approval of the Service Manager.
- Not to release vehicles without obtaining payment or established Account Status
Limits of Authority
- Not to supply car valuations to customers without the agreement of the Sales Manager if not in line with company guidelines.
- Not to enter into any purchase or sale contracts without the approval of the Sales Manager if not in line with company guidelines.
- Not to supply a demonstrator or loan car to a customer unless the customer has signed the insurance indemnity form and, without a copy of an original driving licence, an indemnity to confirm ownership of full and valid UK driving licence.
If you feel that you have the necessary attributes for this position and would be interested in applying for this role, To apply please email your CV to email@example.com
Candidate Privacy Statement